Psychiatry in Spain
A Psychiatrist deals with the diagnosis, treatment and prevention of mental health conditions
Unlike a Counsellor, Therapist or Psychologist, a Psychiatrist is a medical Doctor who has specialised in Psychiatry. This allows them to prescribe medication when necessary, but also recommend other types of treatment.
A Psychiatrist can treat a wide range of conditions including phobias, anxiety, depression and substance abuse. Many Psychiatrists are also trained as Therapists and Counsellors and can help people work through trauma or other psychological issues.
Speaking to a Psychiatrist is not easy on the public health system in Spain. You must first go to your local GP who will eventually refer you to a Psychiatrist, where you will have a short session and be prescribed medication. Most public health Psychiatrists in Spain do have time to offer sessions of psychotherapy and will usually refer you to a psychologist. Unfortunately, Mental Health is underfunded in Spain and you will be lucky to see your Psychiatrist once a month. There is no guarantee that your Psychiatrist will speak English.
If you are looking for and English-speaking Psychiatrist in Spain, you can find one in your area in the ESHA Spain directory, where many of the English-speaking Psychiatrists are also well trained in Psychotherapy and can offer an integral Psychiatric service to the English-speaking community.
You can find a list of English-speaking Psychiatrists hereLeave a reply
Greetings and best wishes from Euro Mental Health 2020.
Don’t pass up the golden opportunity and mark your calendar for the Euro Mental Health Congress which will take place in the month of March 26-27, 2020 Paris, France.
With the theme “Understanding principal factors that lead to mental health concerns in children and adults”, this event will serve as a valuable forum for international experts, psychiatrists, neurologists, neurosurgeons, and researchers to share and discuss the latest research findings, market trends, and new insights into the scientific knowledge on a wide range of emerging topics in the field. For more details, visit: https://mentalhealth.peersalleyconferences.com/
The ample research talks, discussions, workshops, symposiums, poster presentations and exhibitions at the conference are embedded with presidents, renowned speakers, and other participants who will deliver an in-depth analysis of what these changes will mean to the industry.
Key Presentations of Euro Mental Health Congress 2020
• Alain L. Fymat, International institute of medicine and science, Inc. Founding Chair, President/CEO, USA
• Sam Vaknin, Southern Federal University, Russia
• AbdolrasoulAleezaadeh, Faculty Professorship Member in the Brooklyn Central University, USA
• Elena Baixauli, University of Valencia, Spain
• Suchi Spore, Trainer /Speaker, Singapore
• Mathieu GUIDERE, University of Paris 8 (France), France
• Humberto Rodrigues, Editor in chief, International Journal of Psychology and Neuroscience, Portugal
• LadislavVolicer, University of South Florida, USA
• Margaret Reece, CEO of Hope Restored, UK
• Felkai Peter, SOS Hungary Medical Service, Hungary
• Reza Nejat, Former Assistant Professor of SBMU
• S. Ahmadi, Urmia University of Technology
• Yuriy Timofeyev, National Research University Higher School of Economics, Russia
• F.M. Mnisi, Tshwane University of Technology, South Africa
• Jianxin Cao, Soochow University, China
• Karin E. Peuschel, University of Zurich, Switzerland
• Hong-Keun Oh,Konkuk University, Korea
• Sangeetha Parameswaran, TEDx Speaker
• Raffaele Pilla, Annunzio University, Italy
• Péter Felkai, SOS Hungary Medical Service, Hungary
• Delik D. Gabaev, Russian Academy of Sciences, Russia
• Bohdan Wasilewski, Psychosomatic Institute, Warsaw, Poland
• Shinobu Nomachi, University of Hyogo, Japan
• Kazuko Okamura, University of Hyogo, Japan
Finally, I would like to invite you to deliver a talk as an Honorable Speaker/Delegate, and share your research experiences, developments and innovations in Mental Health and Psychiatry. Kindly confirm your acceptance on ASAP.
I could be reached by WhatsApp https://wa.me/18738898976 and by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
William Mark | Program Director
Euro Mental Health 2020
Peers Alley Media
1126 59 Ave East, Vancouver BC, Canada
Mental health help near Alcala Real English speakingReply
I am having anxiety attacks and I am severely depressed. My insurance is Sanitas. I speak only English. I am from the United States and I am 77 years old.Reply
I recommend you contact Sanitas and they can make a referral to an appropriate professionalReply
I like that you said that it is important to follow your prescribed medications if needed. My best friend mentioned to me last night about having mental health consultation because of emotional distress and asked if I have any idea what is the best option to do. Thanks to this informative article I’ll be sure to tell him that it will be much better if he consults a trusted psychiatric practice directory as they can answer all his inquiries and will provide proper treatment.Reply
Adhd…cyprus shortage of medicine..Reply
Can i talk to a phychatrist?
Hi Nikolas, you can find a list of English-speaking psychiatrists here https://eshaspain.org/directory/categories/english-speaking-psychiatrist/Reply