Training and qualifications
I am a doctorate level trained clinical psychologist and qualified systemic family psychotherapist. Educated in the UK at:
- Manchester University (BSc Honours Psychology)
- Open University (MA in Education Management)
- Birmingham University (Doctorate in Clinical Psychology) Accredited by British Psychological Society
- Birmingham University (Masters in Systemic Psychotherapy) Accredited by Association for Family Therapy
- Chartered Clinical Psychologist (CPsychol), MSc (Counselling Psychology)
- Registered with HCPC (Health Professions Council) PYL19516 Registered Practitioner Psychology Practitioner since 2005. The HCPC is the main regulatory body for properly qualified psychologists, maintaining and publishing a public register of its approved practitioners.
Problems I treat:
Now and again, problems mount up and become overwhelming. Your mood may getting more volatile, you may wish not to get out of bed, or feel hopeless / fearful about the future. The cause may not be clear – it could be stress caused by lots of things around you – work, relationships, isolation or it may feel like your fault. These mental health problems and emotional difficulties are common. I offer therapy and counselling for:
I use a range of approaches in my work. No one size fits all, but I sometimes draw on the following techniques:
• Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
• Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT)
It’s important to emphasise that evidence shows it’s the fit between the therapist and client that tends to lead to the most powerful change and progress. I will offer an initial free consultation for up to 30 mins.
HCPC registration PYL19516